What type of accounts can I open online?
- Personal Checking
- Personal Savings
- Personal Certificates of Deposit
What information do I need to open an account online with Tompkins VIST Bank?
- Your name
- Current address and previous address if at current address less than two years
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Current valid ID (i.e. Driver's License, State ID, Military ID or Passport)
- Current employment information
What information do I need to open a joint account online?
You'll need the same information required when opening an individual account, but you will need it for both applicants. For details, select "What information do I need to open an account with Tompkins VIST Bank?" above. Please note that each applicant will need to sign the signature card.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for an account online with Tompkins VIST Bank?
You and your co-applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Live, work, attend school or will be attending school in one of the following counties: Berks, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Schuylkill.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Be a United States Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien
- Please note that the approval of your online application is subject to the verification of your identity
Can I open an account online if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
No, you can apply online only if you are a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien with a valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number.
What is the difference between Individual and Joint Ownership on an account?
If you choose Individual, the account will be owned by you only. If you choose Joint, the account will be owned by you and your co-applicant.
How many accounts can I open online at one time?
You may open up to 3 accounts during a single application, which may include one checking account, one savings account, and one certificate of deposit.
Is my online application secure?
Yes, Tompkins VIST Bank uses encryption for online security through a certificate secured connection to the web site. Encryption technology helps provide secure transmission of information via the internet by encoding the transmitted data using a mathematical formula to scramble the data. Without a corresponding "decoder," the transmission would look like scrambled text and would be unusable.
How do I make my first (opening) deposit?
You may choose to make your deposit in one of two ways:
- Transfer funds from another bank account you have in your name via ACH
- Using a Credit or Debit card
When will my opening deposit be available in my new account?
- Your account will be funded when we approve your online application and open the account.
- Funds from electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit.
Can I change the information on my account application?
You have the option to edit your account information prior to submitting the information to Tompkins VIST Bank. Simply click on the "Edit" button above the grouping of information you would like to change and you will be permitted to change your input.
Are there documents I must mail in after I complete my online application?
Yes, Tompkins VIST Bank requires a signature card that will remain on file as a record of you and your co-applicant's written signature. If you do not provide us with the signed copy of the signature card within 30 days from the date of your application, your account will be closed.
Are there software requirements for opening an account online?
Yes, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, free software used for viewing and printing PDF files. You will need this software installed on your computer in order for your computer to download, display or print the account disclosures. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.
Who may I contact if I have a question about my online account application?
Contact our Customer Care Center:
Call 1-888-238-3330 weekdays from 8am - 6pm; Saturday from 9am - 12pm or email VISTNewAccounts@tompkinsfinancial.com for assistance.