Business Banking FAQs
We've Gathered Some Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for something specific? Consider choosing a topic below.
Have something that you cant find the answer to here? Ask us directly.
Escrow Manager is a comprehensive service that eases the burden of managing escrow funds by allowing you to deposit funds into a single "master" checking account with Individual escrow "sub-accounts" maintained by the bank.
This eliminates the need to open numerous accounts for each individual escrow deposit and allows you to write checks out of a single "master" checking account.
Yes, all IRS reporting and 1099-INT forms will be mailed directly to your clients by the bank.
TO OPEN A NEW SUB-ACCOUNT
- Deposit the funds into your Escrow Manager Master Checking Account, using a regular business checking deposit ticket or through Remote Deposit.
- Complete the Escrow Manager New Sub-Account Setup Form
Attach a scanned copy of your client’s W-9 form*
If you are unable to scan, please mail the W-9 form to
Deposit Escrow Management Department Box 31
P.O. Box 460
Ithaca, NY 14851
*Please note: the sub-account will not be opened until we receive a completed W-9 form for each new sub-account requested. This does not apply to IOLA accounts.
- You will receive a confirmation email for each Sub-Account Transaction Form processed.
TO DEPOSIT ADDITIONAL FUNDS INTO AN EXISTING SUB-ACCOUNT
- Deposit the funds into your Escrow Manager Master Checking Account.
- Complete the Escrow Manager Sub-Account Deposit Form.
- You will receive a confirmation for each Sub-Account Deposit form submitted.
TO DISBURSE FUNDS FROM A SUB-ACCOUNT TO THE ESCROW MANAGER MASTER CHECKING ACCOUNT
- Complete the Escrow Manager Withdrawal form
- Write a check from the Escrow Manager Master Checking account to disburse the funds.
If you have any questions related to your Escrow Manager accounts please contact our Deposit Escrow Management Department at 1-855-848-8696.
Yes, you will receive a monthly statement, listing all of the activity on the Escrow Manager Master Checking account and a comprehensive, consolidated monthly report that lists all sub-accounts and detailed transaction activity, balance and interest for each account.
This reduces a great deal of paperwork, assists with accounting and provides a detailed audit trail.
- Login to Online Banking and Click eStatements.
- On the Enrollment screen, Click Enroll.
- Read the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions, otherwise click Decline.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, the account(s) will be displayed on the welcome screen.
Simply log in to your online banking profile, and click “eStatements.”
Just follow these simple steps. You must have an active Retail Online Banking account (Business Internet Banking customers must use the provided ACH Cash Management functions to be in compliance with NACHA authorization requirements):
- Log in to your Online Banking Account
- Click on “Transfer”
- Click on “Recipients”
- Click “Add a Recipient”
- Choose “An account at another bank or credit union”
- Choose “Continue to form”
- Print the form using your browser’s print function and complete and sign section
- Return your completed and signed form to us either by US Postal Service, fax or dropping off at your local branch
Inbound Transfers will be credited to your account on the day the Transfer is effective, and the funds may be subject to holds based on our Funds Availability Policy. Your external account will be debited according to the transactions processing schedule of the other financial institution.
- Login to your Online Banking account and click the Other Services tab near the top of the screen. Then click MOBILE BANKING.
- Read the Mobile Banking Addendum to the Internet Banking Agreement. This contains the terms and conditions of use. Click “I Accept” and submit to continue.
- Click on the Enroll link and enter the requested details, including a Mobile Login ID that you select, your Mobile Number and the Mobile Password you select.
- Click Enroll.
- After you enroll, you will receive 2 text messages – the first requesting you to reply YES to finish your enrollment. The second will provide you with the URL for the Mobile Site.
- Once you reply with YES, you will receive 1 more text message – confirming your enrollment to SMS/text for Mobile Banking.
- (Tip: Bookmark our mobile site in your favorites and add the text number to your phone’s contact list so you can quickly access mobile banking without having to re-type it each time.)
Note: For Business Mobile Banking, the Internet Banking Administrator must assign mobile access through the Administration Tab.
The Android App is available for devices running on the Android operating system version 1.6 or greater.
Note: Our current Android App currently supports firmware version 1.6 and greater. To find out which firmware version you have on your Android device, please follow the steps provided here.
For your security, you should:
- Set up nicknames to avoid having to send actual account numbers or other sensitive information via text message
- Delete all text messages from your mobile phone after viewing
- Keep your mobile device’s operating system up-to-date *For assistance, please contact the merchant where you purchased the mobile device or your mobile carrier.
- Install anti-malware software for Online browsing on your mobile device
- Click on the LOGOUT button after each Mobile Web Browser Banking session
- Use the mobile device’s Passcode/Password Screen Lock functionality, if available.
- Setup email alerts in Internet Banking to monitor account balances
- If using a smart phone, install an app that wipes your data remotely in case the device is lost or stolen.
- Do not allow your mobile device to remember login credentials.
- Mobile Logins are not case sensitive but Passwords are.
- Challenge questions, images and phrases are the same ones used for Internet Banking
To cancel, login to your Online Banking account and click the Other Services tab and then click on the Mobile tab. Select Un-enroll to deactivate your account.
You can also text Stop All to 469228.
- Be enrolled in Online Banking
- Have a valid mobile phone and number
- Have a mobile device with Internet access via a browser and/or have text messaging enabled
- For mobile web browser you must have cookies enabled
Text Banking Security
Each text message request authenticates separately by checking that the mobile number of the device used to send the request corresponds to the device number registered for the user initiating the transaction.
Account values used by text commands are the account nicknames used within Internet Banking or masked account numbers. They do not contain any unmasked account numbers.
Web Browser Security
Mobile Web Browser Banking (XHTML) uses the same security infrastructure as Internet Banking including:
- HTTPS encryption with 128-bit AES public key encryption certificates for all traffic between the mobile device and the internet and Mobile Banking servers.
- Connection via secured-socket layer (SSL)
- No data or application pages are stored on the mobile device with each page being retrieved on-demand.
- Authentication is session-based using a Mobile Login; Mobile PIN and the same MFA (Multi Factor Authentication – which is our challenge question process) used for Internet Banking to authenticate the user for the duration of the browsing session.
- Mobile Password 3-Strike Lockout. You can unlock yourself by changing your Password within Internet Banking.
Overdraft Courtesy may supplement your overdraft protection services:
Both Savings Overdraft Protection and an Overdraft Line of Credit are overdraft protection services to prevent overdrafts. When there aren’t enough funds available in your checking account to cover a transaction, funds are transferred from your savings account or credit line to prevent an overdraft, and there is a $10 transfer fee per transfer. If you Opt-In and there aren’t enough funds in your savings account or Overdraft Line of Credit to cover the transaction, we may, at our discretion, extend Overdraft Courtesy to pay it, and our standard $38 overdraft fee per item would be charged. If we don’t have your Opt-In on file, we will no longer be able to extend Overdraft Courtesy to approve an everyday debit card or ATM transaction when you don’t have enough funds available in checking, Savings Overdraft Protection, or an Overdraft Line of Credit to cover it. Regretfully, your transaction will be declined.
An overdraft item fee of $38 is charged each time we cover an overdraft that results in a negative end-of-day available balance.
Overdrafts may be created by check, recurring payment, transfer, withdrawal, Debit or ATM Bankcard transaction, or other electronic means.
Once an overdraft has occurred, you must bring your account to a positive balance within thirty (30) days for a minimum of 24 hours.
Whether your overdraft will be paid is at Tompkins VIST Bank’s discretion, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if:
- You do not bring your account to a positive balance within every thirty (30) day period for a minimum of 24 hours
- You are in default on any loan or other obligation to Tompkins VIST Bank
- You are subject to any legal or administrative order or levy
- Your use of the Overdraft Courtesy has been excessive or abusive