Coronavirus: We're Here to Help
At Tompkins VIST Bank, we are committed to you, our valued clients. That means that right now, in light of the current situation across our country, we are committed to both your financial and your physical health.
We are monitoring the coronavirus situation closely and following the guidance of relevant authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and various state and local government entities.
What we are doing for you
Temporary Loan Assistance Programs
Times like these are difficult in many ways, and we want to help. We have several temporary programs in place to assist our customers experiencing hardship due to the coronavirus:
- Our loan assistance program offers loan payment deferment for various loan types, including consumer and commercial loans and mortgages. Eligible loan types include residential mortgages, consumer loans not secured by real estate, home equity loans in repayment status, and commercial loans and mortgages.
- Consumer Loans: We are now accepting applications for consumer loans by phone.
- Mortgages: if you are in the process of obtaining or are considering applying for a mortgage with us, please know that we are taking measures to ensure the safety of our customers, particularly in appraisal situations.
Paycheck Protection Program
Please visit our Paycheck Protection Program information(Opens in a new Window) page for the latest information and terms and conditions about Tompkins’ participation in this program.
As your community bank, we’ve implemented the following fee waivers to help ease some of the financial burdens you may be facing. The following are effective as of March 30, 2020 through May 31, 2020. To request additional coronavirus relief, please contact us at 888-238-3330 or reach out to your local branch to review your options.
- $1 ATM fee will be waived when using a non-Tompkins ATM
- $10 overdraft transfer fees from a linked consumer savings account will be waived
- Consumer Overdraft Line of Credit Accounts
- Interest rate has been reduced to 4.99%
- $10 overdraft transfer fee will be waived
- Credit Cards. For a complete list of the fee waivers our credit card partner is implementing, please visit your Elan MyAccountAccess page.
Required Minimum Distribution For Your IRA
The CARES Act also affects individuals who are taking required minimum distributions (RMDs) and beneficiaries of deceased IRA holders. Under this law, if you are an IRA holder who is age 72 or older in 2020, were previously required to take distributions before the passing of the SECURE Act of 2019 or are a beneficiary of a deceased IRA holder’s account, you are not required to take an RMD for the 2020 tax year. A mailing will be sent to you regarding this change for 2020.
IRA & HSA Contribution Deadline
Per IRS Notice 2020-18, as a result of the Coronavirus, you may now make your 2019 HSA and IRA contributions to your account through July 15th. We are waiting further notification from the IRS regarding your annual 5498 and 5498-SA mailing for May.
What we are doing for our employees
We’re focused on keeping our employees and facilities safe. We are closely following CDC guidelines for keeping our facilities as clean and sanitized as possible. We have moved all functions that can be accomplished outside of a physical branch or office location to a remote environment. In addition, we will close or limit in-person services at locations where it is imperative to cease personal interaction. These types of changes will be posted on our Locations page as appropriate.
What we hope you’ll do
Please keep yourselves and your families as healthy as possible. We encourage you to closely follow CDC guidelines for preventative measures. And again, we encourage you to utilize alternatives for doing business in person, by going online or calling. Someone will be on the other end to answer your call.
Please remember, mobile banking and online banking are available any time to help with your banking needs. You can deposit checks remotely, pay bills, setup alerts and more utilizing Digital Banking on our website and our mobile app.
Download our app:
Please know the entire Tompkins family is committed to keeping the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities we serve as our top priority. We wish you well and are here to serve you.